Re: 2 modems ?

Surjit Bains wrote:

>  Is it possible to set up two modems under Linux and use the bandwidth
> as one entity... 2 x 56k modems  to give 112k speed?

You probably won't get the full 112, but you can use two modems
at the same time.  You will, of course, need two phone lines...

The kernel option you want is called EQL, or "serial line load balancing".  It
is described in section 6.2 of the NET-3-HOWTO.
You'll  need the eql tools, and I think there is a debian package
for it in potato.

Kirk