Re: TV Cards

Ringkjøbing Amt - e-post

I have checked this site. It contains a RPM-spec file and the source.
I am not familiar with compiling sourcecode
- what to do now?

Has anybody drivers and tv-applications for debian use?

Henning Olsen

Paul Lilley wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I've been toying with the idea of a TV card and apart from that I'd like
> to be able to get teletext too, don't have any fancy requirements.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of these under Linux (which kernel,
> software etc?)
>
> TIA
> Paul

Paul

I've been running a Hauppauge WinTV pci card for some time using various
versions of xawtv and it runs fine. There is also some software called (
I believe ) videotext which will drive the teletext decoder although I
found this to be a bit unstable. This is with Redhat 5.1 patched to
2.0.36, althought I also ran the card with Redhat 5.0 and 2.0.32(?).

The url for xawtv is http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~kraxel/linux/#xawtv

Hope this is of some help.

Simon

Bilag: