Re: Screen Size in X

Before you start editing your /etc/X11/XF86Config file, try
using the following key press combination:

control Alt -
control Alt +

Pressing these three keys (Holding control and Alt then tapping
either plus or minus) will change the resolution that your
screen runs at.  Using this method will allow you to quickly
find out what resoultion your monitor and video card can run at,
as well as letting you see which resolution works best on your
eyes.

You can run xterm (or what ever) to find out what resolution you
like best, dragging the xterm to the bottom right of the screen
should tell you the position of the cursor and therefore the
screen size.

Then edit your XF86Config file by placing the resolution you
want to be first in the list.

Warning:  If your X server locks up or your monitor starts
making funny noises (unlikely but possible) then you can use the
key combination of control Alt Backspace to kill X.

John.