Re: I give up ... XFree keymapping problem, perhaps?

*- On 22 Feb, Seth M. Landsman wrote about "Re: I give up ...  XFree keymapping problem, perhaps?"
> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 02:49:51PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
>> >
>> >       Anyone have a clue?  Can anyone suggest something for me to try
>> > out?
>> >

>> Same thing here, neomagic seems to not accept the Windows key (the menu key
>> does work).
>
> 	Seems odd that the neomagic card would have anything to do with
> the actual display server.  Granted I don't know the breakdown, but the
> seems the video card and keyboard drivers would be two different things.
> Oh well.  The key is doing something, I get scan codes from it.  Is there
> a way to override what the xserver does with it?
> 	I hate having different key mappings from machine to machine.

I had a similiar situation.  I wanted to try the latest XF86_Mach64
server from 3.3.3.1 so I downloaded the server binary and stuck it in
/usr/local/bin.  When I restarted X my mouse button bindings were not
working correctly.  I have a Logitech MouseMan+ with 4 buttons and the
wheel so I use

Buttons 6
ZAxisMapping 5 6

in XF86Config.  With the new X server button 5 disappeared.  I couldn't
get it back so I switched back to the 3.3.2 server and all was well
again.  So it looks like there are some binary incompatibilites
floating around.

--
Brian
							   - unknown