Re: ppp difficulty - resolved

Thanx to everyone who responded on this... I'm happy to report that the
problem is now resolved.  There turned out to be two things I needed to
do in order to resolve the problem.  Firstly I needed to be using the
same network/netmask pair as the "official" network (I had been
mistakenly trying to work from what ifconfig reported after establishing
the ppp connection).  Secondly, I needed to add "gw remote-ip-address"
to the "route add -net" command.

Thanx again, it's working beautifully now!