Re: Auto Login at Boot?

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 09:43:59PM -0600, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

>   I usually keep three terminal open.  One as root, one as user under a
> command shell and one as user under an X terminal.  I use root because I
> haven't found out which files I need to give user rights to in order to
> PPP.

adduser <username> dip

You need a profile in /etc/ppp/peers for this to work. Then you can open a
connection by pon <profile> and close it by poff <profile>.

Regarding your dboot-problem - you do not need the password since the
superuser (under which the program is run) can mutate to every user he wants
to.

Just use

dboot tty1 lance /bin/sh --login

to get a shell on tty1.