Re: [debian] 3Com Megahertz 10 Mbps LAN PC Card (PCMCIA) supported?

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 03:34:52PM +0100, Nico De Ranter wrote:
> I need to buy a new PCMCIA network but unfortunately
> the type I normaly buy (3COM 3C589D-TP) is not available
> anymore.
I never had problems with cheap NE-2000 compatible clones. And the
performance is the same (1000+ kByte/s on an otherwise unloaded network).
And cheap means 1/3 of the price. Noone had yet been able to tell me what
could possible justify this difference.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source