Re: [Fwd: StarOffice Question]

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 03:48:19PM +0300, MAG wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Excuse me, please, if this message is off topic.
>
> I have registered StarOffice for personal use.
> I have one problem with Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 (or with StarOffice - I
> don't know):
>
>     - I use cyrillic (KOI8-R) fonts in X; when I type cyrillic symbols
> in xterm or Netscape Communicator 4.5
>        all works fine, but when I type the same in StarOffice Word -
> nothing is displaying (inserting
>        special characters - cyrillic "tymes cyr" - also works fine);
>     = would you help me, please, with my problem?
>
> I am sorry for bad English.
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Malinin A. G.

I think this is due to your X russification. There exist two methods of X
russification: locale based (symbols determs by special names which describes
in keysymdef.h) method based on hex codes of symbols. The second method always
works, the first works only with programs that knows the locale. StarOffice
don't know russian locale :(. I use the second method: my keyboard map based
on hex codes of russian symbols and my XLOCALE is ISO-8859-1. Thus I down't
have this problem.

--
Serge Gavrilov
Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory of Hydroelasticity,