Re: Which dirs to nfs-mount

Ole J. Tetlie:
> I'm trying to set up my brothers computer so that it just boots by
> itself, and then mounts /usr and friends from my computer.

Have a read through FSSTND, the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. One of its
purposes is to let you do exactly that. It's in the debian-policy package.

> Currently, I've tried to mount /usr /lib /bin /sbin and /etc.

/usr and /home you can

/lib /bin and /sbin you shouldn't (because they contain important admin
tools that you'll need in emergencies and/or to start up the network)

/etc you'll need to take much care with (and it's not big, probably not
worth the trouble)

/var I'm not sure - read the FSSTND.

> Eschew obfuscation    (go on; look them both up)

Is it a worry if I know them both already?

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently