apt-get dist-upgrade

Hello all,

I'm having problems with using apt-get dist-upgrade to get from Debian
2.0 to 2.1.  My system currently has many slink packages installed, but
not all of them, and I would like apt-get to just upgrade them all for
me.

I've got apt 0.1.9 installed and I've edited my /etc/apt/sources.list to
point to frozen.  I do a apt-get update and everything appears to be
fine.  However, apt-get dist-upgrade does nothing.  Even though I have
/etc/apt/sources.list pointing to frozen, it just upgraded a couple of
packages (rvplayer, pine, some other things) and quit.  Didn't upgrade
my entire system... I know I have more outdated hamm packages than that.

Also, I can't do apt-get install anything.  It just says there is no
installation candidates.  I've double checked my /etc/apt/sources.list
as I've said, and run apt-get update a thousand times.  It simply
doesn't seem to "see" that there are all these wonderful new packages
out there to upgrade.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in
advance!!!

-Preston