Re: How do I change to a color monitor?

	Subject: RE: How do I change to a color monitor?
	Date: Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 06:55:27PM -0500

Quoting William Park(parkw@better.net):

> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 simonst@wellsfargo.com wrote:
>
> > The "ls --color" displays, and also Lynx screens, are still using
> > underlining & high-intensity, instead of real colors.
> >
> I assume you are in shell console, not in xterm.  The color support
> should be on by default.  In any case, edit
>     /etc/DIR_COLORS	(for ls)
>     ~/.lynxrc		(for lynx)

You had me going there for a minute. /etc/DIR_COLORS is how it works
on Slackware but I just checked hamm, slink and potato and there is
no DIR_COLORS in the /etc dir's.  Now I have to see how it _is_ done?

--
A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
in than some that do.