Re: Ensoniq ES1370 configuration

David Webster writes:
>Went ahead and changed my kernel to remove the OSS stuff and loaded the
>es1370 directly into the kernel (no module).  The driver loads just fine
>and detects the card but does not creat a /dev/dsp device.  I have a
>simple text base media player (bplay) and, of course it complains about
>no /dev/dsp file. ????

Humm.. strange, 'cause that's all I had to do. Maybe you need to run
the MAKEDEV script that's in the /dev dir... but don't blame me if
everything screw up then :)
Also I'll ask my friend who has the same type of card.

Just to check: You don't have any conflicting cards or something?

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-