I'm new to Linux and am having trouble getting the x windows going on my machine. I have downloaded everything needed for the install base I selected at installation time(or at least I think I've got everything), but when XF86Setup runs and exits, it attempts to start the xserver and gives me the following error:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnetc: Can't connect: errno = 111

It gives me this several times before aborting. Also, the XF86Config settings that I entered in XF86Setup are not saved in the config file, is this something that I will have to edit myself.

Again, I'm new to Linux but extremely interested in learning to use it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Savoy
jeremy_savoy@anco-basic.com