Re: Netscape version?

The difference between them is that the supported one uses libc5 (which
basically only is around on Debian 2.0 for backwards compatability), while
the unsupported one is built on glibc. I use the glibc version and it works
fine(ish). Crashes once in a while, occasionally brings down X, but nothing
serious ;) If you decide the get the supported version you have to make
sure you have the old-libs installed.

As for the first part of your question you can usually assume that if it
works for Redhat it will work for Debian (If it comes as a .rpm package you
might want to use 'alien' to convert it to a .deb package).

Cheers
	Dave