Re: Xemacs question

Gunnar Schotta <schotta@genetik.uni-halle.de> writes:

> I have a problem using the ^-Key in Xemacs. When I use the key
> there is a message in the status line "dead circumflex not defined".

That is not the error messsage :-) There is a "dead_circumflex" in
there. I know what you mean now but in general it is very good idea to
be very very exact in giving error messages. Preferably use cut and
paste (you can see past error messages in XEmacs by typing C-h l).

Also you might consider using a more specific forum for you questions.
For instance, had you used www.dejanews.com you would have discovered
that this question is FAQ on comp.emacs.xemacs.

> I need this key for auctex-mode in mathematical environments like
> simply "$x^2$".

Add this to your .emacs to fix this particular XEmacs bug

(define-key function-key-map 'dead_circumflex compose-circumflex-map)

> Can anybody help me?

You can also opt to switch of dead keys by choosing the "nodeadkeys"
variant of your keyboard in XF86Config.

Jan