Re: mouse in Xwin

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 02:24:32PM +0100, Ender Wiggin wrote:
> I installed the mouse when I installed linux red hat and it works fine
> when im in both windows and linux... but when I start xwindows i cant
> move the mouse any good...  The pointer in nested in the upper deck of
> the screen and i can move it, but not down wards...

Sounds like a protocol problem.  GPM's set of protocols do not map exactly
to XFree86's.

man XF86Config and just run through the possibilites (see section
"Pointer").

If you have a serial mouse, Protocol "Auto" might work for you.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   A celibate clergy is an especially good
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   idea, because it tends to suppress any