VM problem

I have a problem with the VM mail reader that has been annoying me for
a LONG time. I use an exim filter to put e.g. the debian-user mail in
a ~/mail/debian folder. Then when I open this folder, there will
usually be new mail coming into the folder while I read it. That makes
it impossible to save the folder after I've finished reading since
it's "changed on disk". Can this be solved, perhaps by telling exim to
keep the mail on the queue if the folder is open (lockfiles or
something)?
I'd be VERY grateful for suggestions!

Also, thanks to the people who helped me with my SB16 Pnp setup. I'll
try all that tomorrow.

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-