Re: Kernel 2.2.1: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument ?

*- On  9 Feb, Ed Cogburn wrote about "Kernel 2.2.1:  SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument ?"

> 	After upgrading to the 2.2.1 kernel, I now get an error during
> bootup.  I narrowed it to /etc/init.d/network:
>
> 	ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
> 	route add -net 127.0.0.0
>
> 	Its the route command thats generating the "SIOCADDRT: Invalid
> argument".  I'm up to date with potato, (I got the kernel deb from
> there) so what could this be?

With the new kernel you have to have the netmask option on a
'route add -net' statement.  I don't know why I just picked it up from
here or -devel or somewhere else, I can't remember.  So you should
modify the line to be 'route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0'

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net