"install-info" problem when trying to remove a .deb package

Hello, I just can't find out why I get this problem when trying to remove
the libstd++2.9-dev package?

Can anyone help me, here's exectly what I type and what I get:

lowlife:/var/cache/apt/archives# dpkg --remove libstdc++2.9-dev
(Reading database ... 18709 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libstdc++2.9-dev ...
install-info: No dir file specified; try --help for more information.
dpkg: error processing libstdc++2.9-dev (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
 libstdc++2.9-dev

Greetings, Emmry