Re: Fortran + X11 compilation

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 18:10:31 +0000, Jose L. Gomez Dans wrote:
>    I was told to move to Fortran to do some work, so it's not my fault :)))
> I don't have anything to do with Fortran!!!! :))) Anyway, I downloaded the
> pgplot graphic libraries, and tried compiling an example program.
> Apparently, what I have to do is:
> g77 -o outfile infile.f -lpgplot -lX11
>   The thing seems to work, but ldd complains it can't find the X11
> libraries.

I suspect you mean "ld" not "ldd" here.

It looks like you haven't told "ld" where to look for the X11 library. Try
	g77 -o outfile infile.f -lpgplot -L/usr/lib/X11 -lX11

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would