Re: apt

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 kaynjay@igalaxy.net wrote:

> In <[🔎] Pine.GHP.4.05.9902072012050.15956-100000@hebron.et.byu.edu>, on 02/07/99
>
>    at 08:12 PM, Robert Kerr <kerrr@et.byu.edu> said:
>
> >Is there a way to make apt not delete the .deb files after it installs
> >them?
>
> Hmm ... all of mine are still there after a dist-upgrade.  Are you looking
> in the right place??  (It may be that different options behave otherwise ...
> don't know about that possibility.)
>
> Should find them in /var/cache/apt/archive  as I recall.  I believe there is
> a deliberate "clean" option for blowing things away.  See man apt-get for
> more info.

When using apt as the method for dselect it automatically deletes the
.debs after downloading and installing them.

-bob

Aquariums are just interactive televison for cats.
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    368 Clyde Building, BYU       *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *        Provo, Utah  84602        *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (801) 378-2029       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (801) 378-4449         *