apt-get and lockfile errors:xconvers

I'm concerned that I may have made my system unstable by mixing stable
with frozen packages. Please see below.

I've begun to upgrade my system in order to use the ax25-utils with
2.0.36. I've been running Debian 2.0 but recently decided to add some
Frozen packages from the HAM RADIO packages. I've installed the Frozen
ax25-utils, and some of the other ham packages. I successfully
compiled 2.0.36. WHen I run apt-get install xconverse, for example I
get errors about not being able to remove a lockfile in
update-menus. (see below). I also have an ldconfig  warning about a
missing library. Afterwards, it claims to have installed ok.

These are alarming to me since I am concerned about having made my
system unstable. Will fully upgrading to Frozen via apt-get upgrade
fix these problems?

Zep:/home/ed# apt-get install xconvers
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
  lesstifg
  xconvers
1 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 307 not upgraded.
Need to get 577k of archives. After unpacking 186k will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get http://http.us.debian.org frozen/main xconvers [14.1k]
Get http://http.us.debian.org frozen/main lesstifg [563k]
Fetched 577k in 3m13s (2988b/s)
(Reading database ... 44059 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace lesstifg 1:0.83-7 (using lesstifg_0.86.9-2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement lesstifg ...
Selecting previously deselected package xconvers.
Unpacking xconvers (from xconvers_0.4-5.deb) ...
Setting up lesstifg (0.86.9-2) ...
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libglib.so (No such file or directory), s
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libgdk.so (No such file or directory), sk
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libgtk.so (No such file or directory), sk

Setting up xconvers (0.4-5) ...
Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish (forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)

Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish (forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)
Zep:/home/ed# mv: /var/lib/pdmenu//pdmenurc_auto.new: No such file or directory
Update-menus: Cannot remove lockfile /var/run/update-menus.pid

Zep:/home/ed#

Note that it claims to have installed correctly:
Zep:/home/ed# dpkg -s xconvers
Package: xconvers
Section: hamradio
Installed-Size: 47
Maintainer: Joop Stakenborg <pa3aba@debian.org>
Version: 0.4-5
Depends: lesstifg (>= 1:0.85.2), libc6 (>= 2.0.7u), xlib6g (>= 3.3-5)

Thanx,

Ed
NL7FU