Re: Netscape & True Type Fonts

Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> It works fine. Are you sure the fonts are recognized by X? You can verify
> using the following: "xlsfonts | grep ttf". If you don't see any fonts,
> then you need to read the docs for xfstt. (I had to put the following in
> my .xinitrc to get it working: "xset fp+ unix/:7101&". Note that you
> should not put the fontpath for the ttf's into your XF86Config because it
> can cause X to fail if an error occurs.

So THAT'S how you do it! I've been starting mine by hand after I reboot
(which I only do once a week or so). Another problem with putting it in
the XF86Config file is if you make a new one, and forget to add it,
you'll find yourself scratching your head wondering why your fonts
aren't coming up (at least I was :) ). Excellent, I'm going to try that.

--
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __