Install to another hdd?

Dear all,

	I have a machine which I want to install debian on. Unfortunatly,
it has not floppy drive; I can see a couple of possibilities:

1: put the hdd into my working linux box, and use the rescue disks to
install onto /dev/hdc (Can I then install LILO onto that hdd, and have it
boot correctly when I put it into the other machine?)

2: Cross-install base-packages etc...Which packages do I need, and again,
how do I run lilo on this machine?

Thanks,

Matthew

--