Severe DOS under 2.2.1

Dear all,

	Yesterday I had the rather disconcerting happening of my machine
running a massive DOS in my abscence. I have an NE2000 card, and compiled
a 2.2.1 kernel at 00.05 on Thursday morning, then went to bed. I then got
up at about 7am, and did some ssh. I went out at 8. About 11pm, my machine
started spewing random stuff out at full wack (10Mbits per sec), causing
half the college network and a router to die. Since then, it has behaved
fine (plugged in behind another box incase it repeats), and there is
nothing in the kernel config or any logs to suggest anything
extraordinary.

DoeS aNy Body have any ideas what might have caused this, or any more
diagnostics I could run?

Regards,

Matthew

And no, none of the network admins were running tcpdump at the time

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/