Can a keyboard pretend to be a mouse?

I'm looking for a bit of software that'll let me use a combination of
key strokes (in X) where a mouse is called for.  Numberpad '6' moves
pointer to the right; '5' simulates a click -- that kind of thing.

Some apps don't provide keyboard equivalents for all user actions, and
my laptop mouse is a royal pain to use on airplanes.

Even the Mac did this years ago, so I'm hopeful.

Thanks,

--Eric House

|            from the desktop of: Eric House, fixin@peak.org              |
|    "The instructions said 'Win98 or better' -- so I installed Linux"    |