Re: Having Apt save packages in local hierarchy.

Hi Christopher,

you wrote on: 04 Feb 99 at 15:53 (received 05.02.99)
about       : _Having Apt save packages in local hierarchy._

>Whenever Apt fetches new packages, is there a way for it to save them?

Yes, I believe so. Sorry, I don't know the exact syntax, but remember to
have read it with "man apt-get". There is an option, that makes apt just
download the files, without installing them.

>Preferably, if Apt could understand the local directory hierarchy and
>automatically put them in their place that would be wonderful.

I dunno where apt stores those files, but there's a way to find out :-)

Kind regards    Frederick