xterm configuration

I've been running hamm for the past year, and just now installed slink
on another partition, so thru LILO, i can choose hamm, slink or (ugh!)
windows.
I run kde as my Xwindow manager, but I need to configure xterm for a
scrollbar, so that when I use Seyon to connect to my bank, I need the
scrolling in xterm so that I can view all the data when I reconcile my
checking account.
In hamm, in /etc/X11/Xresources/
  I added to the xterm file:

XTerm*ScrollBar:  true
XTerm*saveLines: 10000
Seyon.vt100.saveLines:  10000

and the seyon terminal comes up with scrollbar functionality, but in
Slink, the same entry doesn't affect xterm or the seyon terminal at all.
So I wrote the same changes into Xsession, theninto ~/.xsession, then
into /~.Xresourses, but I never could get xterm to execute with a
scrollbar.
Using the command:
xterm -sb
I get xterm with the scrollbar, but that's not the solution I can use.

Come to think of it, I couldn't get xscreensaver or change xset settings
in any of the above scripts in slink.  No problem in hamm, though.

Any thoughts?

John