Re: Graphical dselect-like tool?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Joe Emenaker wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a more friendly utility than dselect out there.
> I realize that, since it has to fit on the install floppies, dselect has to
> remain pretty lean. I also know that there's been a lot of talk about
> graphical config tools... but they seem to have been just that: *config*
> tools.
>
> Is there anything that's just warm-n-fuzzy version of dselect?

Yes, gnome-apt was released recently.  It's alpha software, so you are on
you have been warned, and it requires a version of gnome that debian
hasn't packaged (at least it wasn't avail when gnome-apt was released).
See Debian Weekly News (from debian's web site) for more info.

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~bhmit1 |
|  The above is a completely random sequence of bits, any relation to an   |
|                     actual message is purely accidental.                 |