Re: wine question

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 13:40 +0100, Lars Steinke wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 10:48:25PM +1100, Shao Zhang wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I have no idea how wine works, and I would like to have a try.
> >

> > 	But my windoze is running nt4, and the file system is NTFS, will
> > wine support this??
>
> Wine is a Windoze emulator for 16bit applications and I do not
> think you can use you Win NT installation as a basis for the
> emulator but I might be mistaken...
>
> Check out www.wineHQ.com for information.

I hevn't actually tried wine yet myself (not until my new employer pays for
an ISDN connection ;), but it does run 32-bit apps (including games such as
unreal and even more amazing the n64 emu at 8% faster than win95 does). But
going to winhq.com is the best bet.

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.1.125
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request