Modules and kmod - I'm confused

Dear all,

	I have a shiny new 2.2.1 kernel. I'm pretty sure I've not got
modules sorted properly yet tho.

	I'm using kmod, so the kernel should load modules on demand. Do I
need to add the rmmod -a line to root's crontab, or do the debian scripts
put it somewhere? Also; I got a bunch of errors like ne: unable to find
module ne at startup, but this doesn't seem to have had any detrimental
effect (I'm writing this through my net card, for example).

	Modules that need config options need to go in /etc/modules.conf,
right? How do I know which ones need some config?

	Also, with sound, for my card the documentation has the following:
insmod mpu401
insmod ad1848
insmod opl3sa2 <some options here>
insmod opl3 io=0xfoo

Now I can do putting the options to opl3sa2 and op3 in /etc/modules.conf,
but do I need to load all those modules by hand, or will kmod do this for
me as soon as I do anything?

Thanks,

Matthew

--