Re: Silly question

> I'm sorry if this is a really silly question, but I was wondering where
> one goes to get apt-get and the necessary utilities to upgrade a hamm
> system to slink via ftp?

Well, the way I did it, a long time ago, was to grab the apt package from
http://www.debian.org/~jgg and install it. Your best bet is to get
apt_0.1.5.deb; I'm not sure whether the newer ones will work under slink.

In /etc/apt/sources.list I changed the distribution field (`man sources.list`
for more info) to slink. Then you can run `apt-get update; apt-get
dist-upgrade` and voila!

Hope that helps,

Alan