kernel 2.0.36 compile problems

OK, I just d/led kernel headers and source for kernel 2.0.36, but when I
try and do a make xconfig, I get these errors:

wish -f scripts/kconfig.tk
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_PMAC was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_APOLLO was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_MAC was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_HP300 was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_FB_MAC was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_FB_G364 was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_FB_TBOX was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_FB_MDA was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_FB_VGA was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_AMIGA was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ARM was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ATARI was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_PPC was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ZORRO was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ARCH_ACORN was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ARCH_ARC was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ARCH_A5K was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_MIPS_JAZZ was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_ALPHA_BOOK1 was not declared!
WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_APUS was not declared!
if [ -r include/linux/autoconf.h ]; then \
    scripts/split-include include/linux/autoconf.h include/config; \

It still makes the configuration utility correctly, but when I try to
compile, I get this error:

make[4]: *** [joystick.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36/drivers/char/joystick'
make[3]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36/drivers/char/joystick'
make[2]: *** [_subdir_joystick] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36/drivers/char'
make[1]: *** [_subdir_char] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36/drivers'
make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2

I plan to go to kernel 2.2.1 pretty soon, but I noticed there was a patch
file in .bz2 format which I assumed to be bzip but which doesn't
decompress with bzip.  How do you make a .deb file for the kernel-source
so I can install it and dselect will list it?  Can anyone tell me what the
problem is with 2.0.36 kernel?

							Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."