emacsen and auctex

Hi,
I have tried to install my first debian (2.0) from a official CD, so I
choose one of the
standard installations to begin with (standard workstation)
Everything was ok besides emacs, xemacs and auctex.
The installation choose emacs 20 and xemacs but the configuration of emacs
broke und the one of auctex could not be done because of dependency
problems.
I have tried to remove all emacs packages to start again, but again the
removal failed because of dependency problems.
I don't need xemacs and would be happy with emacs and auctex.
What could be done?
thanx in advance
Stefan Thull