RE: Compaq Contura 430C and Debian

Well, I had high hopes...

Any ideas why the install (rescue) floppy would come up with the LILO
prompt, then get to Loading root.bin and say Boot failed?

Happened on two different disks, the frozen/resc1440 and resc1440-safe, the
stable/resc1440... Afterwards if I ctl-alt-del it gives a floppy error. If I
use a DOS floppy it will boot and reboot and reboot...

Is there something I missed here? I even booted from DOS, loaded Backpack
CD-ROM drivers, and ran start from a Deb 1.3 CD. Unfortunately 1.3 doesn't
see a parallel port CD-ROM, so no loading the remainder of the system from
it. I may actually have to set up a small DOS/Win95 partition, set up
dialup, copy .bin files and run it from there <ugh!>...

Please, somebody save me from this! :-)