Re: Mouse not working--could it be an S3Virge incompatibility issue?

> > > Which com port is your mouse on?
> >
> >    It's on /dev/ttyS0 (COM1), all other details are set to standard settings.
>
> Hmmm. Don't know then, unless some how your video card is being allocated
> IRQ 4. Have a look in the IRQ listing usually given at the start of
> booting by your BIOS.

AFAIR his mouse behaviour under S3 is different from irq conflict...
With IRQ conflict cursor just freezes there, and it seems his cursor is
gone conpletely, and only when mouse is moved, it appeares.

Probably something with the hardware?
I have an S3 Virge/DX with 4M, works beautifully.

ALso, just to make sure, try switching irqs with setserial for the Com1.
If it's IRQ conflict, it will help.
Andrew

Never include a comment that will help | Andrew Ivanov
someone else understand your code.     | c680789@showme.missouri.edu
If they understand it, they don't      | ICQ: 12402354
need you.                              |