Re: Debian GNU/Linux a TCP Workhorse?

In article <cistron.19990129012251.D7938@heart.luvmusl.net>,
Art Lemasters  <dream@luvmusl.net> wrote:
>     I would like to find references to examples of Debian GNU/Linux
>systems handling heavy Internet or other network traffic.  Can any of
>you give me any URLs or anecdotes?  How many simultaneous accesses
>have your servers handled?  I would like to present the info to my
>local users' group.  Thanks!

Well one of our most heavily loaded servers is a news server, running
INN-2.2 on Debian w/ a 2.0.36 kernel. It's #108 worldwide according
to the Freenix top1000 (http://www.top1000.org/).

It pushes out an average of 10 Mbit/sec with peaks to 20 Mbit/sec,
24 hrs/day. Right now there are 210 simultaneous TCP connections open.

Stats etc. are all available at http://newsgate.cistron.nl/

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?