Re: Netscape .deb packages?

Rich Hartman wrote:

> Hello all -
>
> I just did a fresh install of slink on my machine, and now want to
> slap netscape on there for web-browsing and e-mail.... My question is
> which of the seemingly dozens of Netscape packages do I need to
> install?
>
> Thanks!

        The netscape-xxx are the base files for both communicator
and   navigator.  The navigator-xxx files are for the stand alone
browser.  Communicator is the browser/mail/newsgroup version.  I'm
running communicator-4.5, and have the following packages loaded:

	netscape-base-4                 necessary
	netscape-base-45                necessary
	netscape-java-45                For Java capability (optional)
	communicator-base-45            necessary
	communicator-nethelp-45         help file (optional)
	communicator-spellchk-45        spelling checker (optional)
	communicator-smotif-45          Motif statically linked NS binary

--
Ed C.