Help! I can't partition my disk.

Hello,

   I'm installing Debian Linux onto a completely clean system. I know the
hardware works because i had Linux working on it before. In the meantime
i have used MS-DOS fdisk to remove all partitions.

   My problem: i've downloqded the floppies needed to install a new
configuration and the rescue disk boots and starts the configuration
process. First it asks if i have a color screen, then what keyboard. Then
it says "NEXT: Partition the hard disk". When i choose it, it goes back to
the main menu to "partition the hard disk" again! There may be a message
written very fast but i can't read it.

   So, how do i get to a prompt to just do the cfdisk manually? I'd be
happy to partition manually outside of the script if someone can tell me
how to do a cfdisk before i've installed the operating system?

   Please help. I'm stuck!

universero trio... trio@tio.net... http://tio.net/~trio
Learn and use The International Language Esperanto! http://esperanto.org