Re: man missing ?

Quoting Kent West (kent.west@infotech.acu.edu):
> <snip>
> Continuing on would have
> gotten me the man reader, but alas, my modem wouldn't work, so I couldn't
> download any further packages. I can zcat the doc files, but because
> there's garbage in the output of that (ctrl characters, etc), it's not easy
> to read. As a result I've been rebooting into Win95, connecting to the web,
> doing research, rebooting into Linux, making config changes, failing,
> rebooting into Win95, etc etc.

I don't know why you're having trouble with your modem on linux, but I
would recommend you connect to the internet with W95, ftp the man-db
package from a Debian site (remember to set binary) and install it
with dpkg -i filename in linux. Problem solved.

Grab what you can at the same time: if you get dependency problems, just
That's the wonderful thing about having it all driven by simple text
files, not complicated databases.)

Cheers,