Re: GNUcash/Libs

Will Lowe <harpo@UDel.Edu> writes:

> > libXm.so.1 => not found
> This is a motif library.  Some versions of Lesstif will work.
>
> > libXmHTML.so.1.1 => not found
> XmHTML doesn't exist as a debian package.  Read the GNUCash readme and get
> the source.
>
> I've been working on packaging Gnucash (which means packaging XmHTML and
> nana,  also),  but I can't get the gnome version to build,  which is
> really the only one I'm interested in.

First off, nana is already packaged.
Secondly, although xmhtml isn't packaged, gtkxmhtml is packaged, and
that's used for the gnome build.
Thirdly, and most importantly, the gnome ui code is a big mess - even
if it were to somehow miraculously compile (I don't know how those
involved were ever able to build the -gnome RPMS), most features
wouldn't work.  The gnome code really isn't ready for anything but
having some coders attack it - if anything compiles, that's just a
testament to the fact that compilers can put up with a lot.
That said, it seems to work well with lesstif 0.86.9 (the version in
slink), although for that you would have to package XmHTML first.