ppa zip drive

I've got a know-to-be-working parallel port Zip drive that's not
behaving with Debian (it used to work with my old RedHat setup).

If I try to mount the partition I get the usual "not recognized as
a block device" and if I modprobe ppa manually I get this:

[root@mycroft] ~# modprobe ppa
ppa: Version 1.42
ppa: Probing port 03bc
ppa: Probing port 0278
scsi : 0 hosts.
/lib/modules/2.0.36/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

I have the SCSI and Iomega bits compiled as modules, as is the
parralel printer support.

Interestingly, the printer -passthrough- works fine, with the printer
plugged into the "out" of the zip drive.   Any ideas?

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/