mod_auth_mysql

Has anyone a working version of mod_auth_mysql?
./configure screws with the following:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for crypt.h... yes
checking for crypt... no
checking for crypt in -lc... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for standard DES crypt... yes
checking for extended DES crypt... yes
checking for MD5 crypt... yes
checking for Blowfish crypt... yes
checking for Apache module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache module support via DSO through APACI... no
checking for Apache directory... /usr/local/etc/httpd
configure: error: Invalid Apache directory - unable to find httpd.h
under /usr/local/etc/httpd

I need a .so file or a way to compile mine, please.
Christian