Re: new kernel release

> I see that the 2.2.0 kernel is now officially released.
>
> Does anyone know if there are any problems, or things to be wary of, in
> compiling this kernel for Debian hamm?

I had a couple, though it was on the last pre that called itself 2.2.0:

a) it was not possible to change the irq for soundblaster to the value
most cards use (5, and it defaults to 7?  or is it vice versa).

b) critical:  it gave my xserver the blinkies.  This is easy to do to
an AT24 chipset, but the only thing that usually does it is rvplayer
when the rv-server goes to heavy load (beats me why, but it crashes,
and it can't restart without a reboot, and goes into the blinkies).
Under 2.2.0, it went straight to the blinkies without giving me a good
session first.

rick