Re: man missing ?

Quoting MallarJ@aol.com (MallarJ@aol.com):
> In a message dated 1/26/99 10:36:52 AM Central Standard Time,
> d.wright@open.ac.uk writes:
>
> > PPP is essential if you install through a modem connection to the
> >  internet. PCMCIA is essential if that modem is a pcmcia card in a
> >  laptop. I use the ZIP drive support to save pumping floppies, but
> >  I only started doing this after it became necessary because I had
> >  to install linux on a machine with an LS120 drive (which can only
> >  read a floppy through the BIOS).
> >  I'm not sure where you got printer support from - the lpr package
> >  is not in the list, viz.
> >

> I may be wrong about this, but don't you also need netbase to get to the net
> using PPP?  That wasn't installed...   and as for the printer support, you're
> right, lpr isn't installed, but the port drivers are...

ii  ncurses3.4      1.9.9g-8.8     Video terminal manipulation - share...
ii  netbase         3.11-1         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
ii  newt0.21        0.21-8         Not Erik's Windowing Toolkit - text...

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         8648 Jul  9  1998 lp.o
There are 1MB of modules on the drivers floppy in modules.tgz. Removing
an 8KB (uncompressed) file and a few others would have no effect on the
size of base2_0.tgz which is spread over the five base disks.

Cheers,