Re: Unsual system check

> In a message dated 1/26/99 6:25:42 AM Central Standard Time,
> homega@vlc.servicom.es writes:
>
> > This is an unusual checking by my machine (this is all I could cut&paste),
> >  has anything gone wrong here?
> >

> >  /dev/hda2 has reached maximal mount count, check forced.
> >  Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> >  Deleted inode 33194 has zero dtime.  Fix? yes
> >

> [snip]
>

> Unusual, maybe, but no a problem.  It simply means that the last time your PC
> shut down, it didn't dismount your drives cleanly, and fsck is scanning (and
> correcting) errors on them.

No, it doesn't mean that.  It clearly states `/dev/hda2 has reached
maximal mount count'.  This is the reason of the check:  after a certain
number of mounts, a routine check of the disks is done.  You are right
there are no big problems detected.

HTH,
Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032