Re: getting list of newsgroup

<frleg@infonie.fr> writes:

> I am actually trying to configure my linux box in order te get news.
> I am using suck+inn+knews.
>
> In documentation, I see I have to put in the config files the names of the lists I want to subscribe.
> The problem is : I don't know the name of the newsgroup.
>
> So What I want my system to do is :
>
> - Connect to my provider
> - Get the list of all existing newsgroup
> - Disconnect
>
> Then, I choose for which groups I subscribe (using knews). So my computer can connect
>  to download news and send my e.mails.
>
> How to do this
> Thanks
> Franck

Use `testhost -a your.provider.address` to get the list of active
groups.
Then you have to add the groups to your inn server. You will use the
ctlinnd command to do this, check the manual because I don't remember
the syntax now.

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.0-final #2 Thu Jan 21 23:41:42 CET 1999 i586 unknown