Re: diald is eating packets

"Kenneth F. Ryder III" <Kryder71@maine.edu> writes:

<SNIP>
> 1) how to keep diald from eating the first packet it sees coming across the
> dummy link, and instead hold it and send it down the PPP link once
> established.

I think diald does this with UDP packets - with TCP packets there are
other rather annoying issues/problems.  However, the kernel's ipmasq
routines do it, so you'd think there'd be a way.

> 2) how to increase the time limit in the standard filter (I'd like to use
> standard.filter over my very primitive one) on the FIRST packet sent out by
> a program (like telnet,  rlogin, etc.)

Well, not quite that, but what I added after a somewhat similar
problem to my /etc/diald/diald.options is:
impulse 30,0,0

This causes the link to always be kept up for at least 30 seconds.