Smail not delivering local e-mail

Hi!
	First of all, thanks a lot to all who replies to my e-mail
about configuring a POP3 client. Problems have arisen, though :)

	Now, I get my e-mail with fetchmail --daemon, and the outgoing
e-mail gets delivered by smail. I've got mutt set up to say that my
e-mail is j.l.gomez-dans@sheffield.ac.uk, instead of
jgomez@pc117179.shef.ac.uk (which would be the correct e-mail if
directed to port 25 in my computer). However, and only on mail being
delivered to @sheffield.ac.uk,  I get a 550 smtp transport error,
because  there's no such local user as jgomez@sheffield.ac.uk. It
seems that my configuration is mixing the two addresses up.

	Can anyone help? I'd be glad to provide any files.

	TIA,
Jose

--
Jose L Gomez Dans