Re: KDE installation

If the dependecies you're looking for (xlibc6, etc.) aren't "new enough"
for KDE try looking in ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/frozen . All the
dependencies for KDE should be in dists/(stable or
frozen)/main/binary-(i386 or whatever)/ except for Qt.

KDE 1.0 is, in my opinion, buggy. You may want to upgrade to the latest
version 1.1-pre1 (I think they're coming out with 1.1-pre2 fairly soon).
But if you do that you pretty much need to upgrade to Debian 2.1 (slink)
which is suppose to be named "stable" this month.